to the eNicola's Nvu website content editorTutorial Page
Q: What is Nvu?
Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") is a complete Web
Authoring System that combines web file management and easy-to-use
WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web page text editing
tool. Nvu is designed to be extremely easy to use, making
it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to update
there website text content without needing to know HTML or
This tutorial will be covering basic information you will
need to edit text content on your web pages and publish your
changes to the iInternet immediately.
and Installing Nvu
Nvu for the first time
Up Publishing Site Settings
an Existing Web page
Text (Content, Color, Style and Font)
and Installing Nvu Top
1. Open your preferred Internet browser, go to the following
web page to download Nvu http://nvu.com/download.html
2. Select your Operating System and download the .exe file
For this tutorial we used Windows
and Internet Explorer )
3. Click the appropriate link (.exe or .zip) and Save
the the file to your Desktop.
4. When the download is complete, Double-Click the Nvu icon
on your Desktop to install the program.
5. Follow the Nvu Setup Wizard
instructions to install the application.
Nvu for the first time Top
Double-Click the Nvu icon
on your Desktop to run the program.
Up Publishing Site Settings Top
1. Select Edit, Publishing Site Settings...
2. Select New Site
and fill-in the fields for your Website and FTP Settings.
(You will need your FTP
login information to complete this step.)
3. When you have finished filling in the fields, Click OK
an Existing Web Page Top
1. Select File,
Open Web Location...
2. Type in the URL of the web page you wish to edit and then
click Create. (Note:
This should open the web page location you typed in Nvu.)
3. At this point you can close the Site
Manager pane. You will not need it for text updates.
Text (Content, Color, Style and Font) Top
1. If you are adding to existing text content, position your
cursor where you would like to start and begin typing
2. If you are changing existing text content, you can either
highlight the text you want to edit and begin typing or just
delete the text as you would in a word processing program.
3. You may also insert text that you may have written and saved
in another program by copy & pasting the text.
4. When you are finished editing your text, you can format
the text in many ways through the Format
5. You may also format text using the shortcut buttons
Your Updates Top
Once you have finished editing your text content,
you will be ready to publish the page to the Internet.
1. You can either Click the Publish button or
Select File, Publish
2. Fill in the fields in the Publish
Page window. Start by Selecting
the Site Name.
3. Remember to end the Filename
field with .html
4. Type /public_html
in the Site subdirectory
for this page field. (Important:
Be sure to type a forward slash before public_html)
5. Check the Include
images and other files checkbox
6. When fields are completed, Click Publish
A status window will open showing the progress of your page
upload. You can then open your preferred browser and view the
page you have just edited.
does not provide support of any kind for the Nvu program and
services.The information on this page has been provided
for reference only. The use of this product is the sole
responsibility of the user. eNicola.com
shall not be held liable for any damages or costs of any type
arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the
Nvu program or services. This page has been created for reference
purposes only. eNicola.com
does not provide support of any kind for the use of the
Nvu program or services. eNicola.com
is not responsible for any accidents, errors or mistakes
that result from the use of the Nvu program or services. You
may refer to the program Help Menu or the Nvu
for assistance. If you require the assistance of eNicola.com
to repair or restore any web pages, graphics or content,
services will be charged at a fee.